DMS Admission Criteria
To be eligible for our program, you must have at least:
- Associates degree or higher in healthcare program with hands-on patient care clinical rotations
- Radiologic Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Occupational Therapist Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- *LPN (Associate Degree Programs OR if it is a Certificate Program then an Associate Degree in another field is still required)
- Other hands-on healthcare certifications/licenses may be considered on an individual basis. Anything considered here would most likely entail years of service working in a hospital doing some sort of direct patient care work where that hospital/facility would be willing to host the student for clinical training. One example would be an ekg tech that a cardiac department wants to train in cardiac sonography.
Completion of the following required courses with a C or better
- Statistics, College Algebra, or higher mathematics course
- General college-level physics and/or radiographic physics
- Communication Skills (English, speech, or composition)
- Human Anatomy (can be combined with Physiology)
- Human Physiology (can be combined with Anatomy)
All coursework must be in progress (proof required) or completed at the time of application.
Employers may request a waiver on the admissions criteria if they have a specific employee they want trained. The employer would be expected to host the employee as a student and the facility must also meet our accreditation requirements. The employee also must have all pre-requisite courses completed or in progress at the time of applying.