Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Thank you for visiting Washburn University Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program website. We are dedicated to educating and preparing students to become great entry level sonographers that are ready to join the workforce upon graduation.
Why Choose Washburn University's Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program?
- All didactic course work is completed in a Distance Learning (on-line) format
- Our program has been delivered in a Distance Learning (on-line) format for over 11 years
- Students are eligible to sit for the ARDMS or CCI
- Certification examinations upon graduation
- Clinical education can usually be arranged close to students home
- Students work closely with registered ultrasound faculty
- Washburn faculty has over 70 years of ultrasound experience
- Washburn University's location allows for affiliation with large medical centers, private doctor's offices and clinics, and smaller community hospitals
- Students are provided a large variety of clinical experiences
- According to the latest SDMS Salary Survey, the median salary figure for sonographers is $66,768
- The Diagnostic Medical Sonography program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), upon recommendation of the Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography (JRCDMS).
- Washburn University is also accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC).