Testing Center Policies
Washburn University’s Testing Programs and Services are conducted under the following terms and conditions:
- Testing programs are provided with the authorizations and acknowledgments of the Kansas Board of Regents, Washburn University, and partnering organizations and testing corporations.
- Constant visual monitoring of candidates by a certified testing center administrator either through a window or through video surveillance equipment.
- Security measures in place to protect the misuse and alteration of testing materials and equipment under the center’s control.
- Network access protected by firewall and user identification and password protection systems.
- Examinee identification procedures required for access to the testing center. Only examinees possessing valid government identification with photo and signature will be allowed access to the testing center.
- Video taping surveillance will be conducted as a matter of normal business operations of the testing center.
- Approved request for proctoring services is contingent on the acknowledgment of the testing standards of operations in the test center. This acknowledgment details the security standards, examinee responsibilities, and the identification and test material handling procedures in the test center.
- Examinees will be continuously monitored by the test administrator or proctor and by video recording.
- No-shows and appointments rescheduled with less than 24 hours notice will be subject to a $20 fee.
Only those items "required to complete testing" will be allowed in the testing room:
- Valid, unexpired identification
- Testing Forms
- No. 2 non-mechanical pencils
- Approved calculators
- Medical equipment approved as special accommodations
- Food or drink permitted as special accommodations will be stored and consumed outside of the testing room, but within close proximity of the test taker
Personal items are not allowed in the testing rooms. They should not be brought to the Test Center or on Test Center premises. Personal items not related to testing must be stored in your vehicle or in other secure areas. Examinees are not permitted to take the following items into the testing room:
- Cell phones, pagers, beepers, audio or video devices
- Electronic dictionaries or electronic English language translators
- Food or beverages (includes water and water bottles)
- Any form of tobacco or tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs
- Hats and headwear (unless by religious requirement)
- Brief cases, book bags, backpacks, purses
- Unapproved coursework, books, notes
- Mechanical pencils
- Personal laptops, thumb drives, or MP3 recorders
- Unapproved outerwear, to include hooded wear, hoodies, or other items that may cause a breach of test center security or a security irregularity between the examinee, test center, and the material provided therein
- Calculators, paper, and pencils are permitted as long as these do not contain any written or typed information
Privacy and Confidentiality
The privacy and confidentiality of all client personal information is critical. The test center does not maintain personal files on clients; nor is information released to any third party or agency on any client receiving services at the test center. Communication of client information is restricted to the following: the client and the test center; the test center and the test provider; and the client and the test provider.
The Washburn Center for Prior Learning and Testing has security measures in place intended to protect the misuse and alteration of testing material under our control. Our network access to the infrastructure is protected by a firewall protection system. Video taping of examinee information is regarded with confidentiality and privacy.
Testing Center Environment
The Testing center cannot be responsible for test takers' personal belongings outside of the testing rooms. When possible, test takers should secure their personal belongings away from the test center premises prior to reporting to testing.
No examinee is permitted access to any area of the test center that contains secure test materials or equipment.