Prior Learning Credit for High School Students
GET A HEAD START ON YOUR COLLEGE DEGREE BY TAKING CLEP EXAMS!
What is CLEP?
CLEP examinations help you get college credit for what you already know, for a fraction of the cost of a college course. CLEP offers 33 exams that cover what’s taught in introductory college courses, and most colleges award credit for qualifying scores, saving you time and money toward your degree.
CLEP exams help you:
EARN COLLEGE CREDIT
Whether you’re getting a head start on college or working to finish your degree, the credits you earn by passing CLEP exams can help you achieve your goals faster and less expensively.
At $85, each CLEP exam is a fraction of the cost of a college course.
Each exam takes only between 90 and 120 minutes to complete, and you receive scores instantly.
Prepare and take exams on your own time. There’s no penalty if you don’t pass, and credit is given for CLEP at more than 2,900 colleges and universities nationwide
- CLEP offers computer-based exams in 33 subjects. These 90-minute exams can be administered only at official CLEP test centers, including Washburn University’s Center for Prior Learning and Testing. (add hyperlink)
- Exams are scored immediately upon completion of the exam unless an essay is involved. Essays are scored on a monthly basis and scores are sent following that process.
- Exams costs $85 plus an administration fee charged by the testing center. Washburn’s administration fee is $25.
- There are no pre-set exam administration dates so exams can be taken year-round when students are ready. To schedule an exam at Washburn, call 785-670-1227 or email email@example.com
- CLEP score results can be sent to one college or university selected prior to testing. Additional score results can be sent at a later date for a $20 fee.
- Each college or university determines how CLEP scores will be awarded. Exam polices vary by institution, so it is very important to research them in advance.
CLEP Exam Fees
The $85 exam fee is paid on-line by credit card during the registration process. The administration fee is paid on the day of the test to the testing center. The administration fee at Washburn’s Center for Prior Learning and Testing is $25 and can be paid by cash or check.
Get Started Today
Find out your school’s CLEP policy.
Register for the exam(s) that are right for you.
Schedule your exam(s) at a test center that’s convenient for you.
Washburn’s Center for Prior Learning and Testing, Mabee Library Room 218
785-670-1227 or firstname.lastname@example.org