Law library, Law clinic, Court room & Libation Station
The School of Law building opened in 1969 and was last renovated in 1997. In addition to the law library, law clinic and court room, the law school features the Libation Station, which is open to the public. The sculpture "Common Justice" is in the lobby. The sculpture recognizes the contribution of the school's graduates to the landmark Brown vs. The Board of Education of Topeka decision by the Supreme Court. Trivia: The Washburn School of Law opened in 1903 in a location in downtown Topeka. Jessie Nye, the first female graduate, was a member of the Class of 1912.