Law school seniors carried canes to indicate their status. The canes were rented from the law fraternities, Phi Alpha Delta and Delta Theta Phi.
Photograph of Cane Rack in Boswell Hall c. 1950
Boswell Hall housed the Law School from 1939-1956.
Photograph of homecoming decoration of briefcase and cane, 1958
This was set up in front of Carnegie Hall, home of the Law School from 1956-1966.