Celebrate 150 years of Washburn
Upcoming events 2013-2014
Feb. 6, 2014 - Founders Day
- Get deals at the Ichabod Shop and a free cupcake to celebrate Washburn's founding as Lincoln College in 1865.
- Gather for the 2014 Lincoln Lecture, featuring John Stauffer at 7 p.m. in the Bradbury Thompson Alumni Center. Stauffer's presentation, "Giants: The Parallel Lives of Abraham Lincoln and Frederick Douglass," is free and open to the public.
Feb. 7 to March 4, 2014
- Visit the Mulvane Art Museum to take in a special exhibit: "150 Years of Teaching, Tools and Technology"
Ongoing until April 1 - Sesquicentennial Song Competition
- Compose music for a song about Washburn
- Entries are due by April 1, 2014.
Completed events, 2013-2014
Aug. 19, 2013
Sept. 28, 2013
- Family Day and Ichabod's 215th Birthday Bash
Oct. 25, 2013
- As part of Homecoming Week 2013, the School of Applied Studies celebrated its 30th Anniversary.
Completed events, 2012-2013
August 20, 2012
Sept. 7, 2012
- Paint Washburn art exhibit opens at the Mulvane Art Museum with a reception from 5-8 p.m. Many of the artists who have pieces on display will attend.
- The exhibit features works created during the Art en Plein Aire event, which took place April 21, 2012.
- The exhibit will remain on display until Nov. 15
Oct. 26, 2012
- Celebrate 10 years of Lady Blues soccer.
- Watch the Lady Blues take on the University of Central Oklahoma Bronchos at 6 p.m. at Yager Stadium at Moore Bowl.
- Receive a commemorative Washburn sesquicentennial soccer scarf while supplies last.
- In conjunction with Homecoming, more than 30 members of the Lady Blues from the first 10 seasons are back in Topeka for a reunion.
Nov. 17, 2012
- Paint Washburn Art Auction featuring art created during the Art en Plein Aire event, which took place April 21, 2012.
- The auction is a cocktail event and is $50 per person to attend.
Feb. 6, 2013 - Founders Day
- Lincoln Lecture series, featuring Manisha Sinha, professor and graduate program director at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Sinha will speak on "Race and Equality in the Age of LIncoln" at 7 p.m. in the Washburn Room, Memorial Union
Spring - Sesquicentennial Song Competition
- Compose lyrics for a song about Washburn
- Entries are due by April 1, 2013.
- A second phase of the competition, for the original musical composition, will be announced in September 2013
Completed events, 2011-2012
Aug. 18, 2011
- The four-year celebration kicked off with unveiling of the Washburn 150 logo during celebration of Ichabod Washburn's 213th birthday.
Aug. 22, 2011
Feb. 6, 2012 - Founders Day
- Lincoln Lecture Series, featuring Richard Norton Smith, a nationally recognized authority on the American presidency and a familiar face to viewers of C-SPAN, as well as “The NewsHour with Jim Lehrer,” with the presentation of “Lincoln and Washburn University: Toward a New America,” in the Washburn Room, Memorial Union, Washburn University. The lecture is free and open to the public.
April 16-June 18, 2012
April 21, 2012