Before gaining access to the wireless network, one must:
- Possess a wireless device with a wireless interface card and configured for DHCP protocol.
- Only four wireless devices may be registered per person per semester.
- Know your MyWashburn User Name and Password.
- Using a browser on the wireless device in an area on campus with a wireless access point, try to access http://netreg.washburn.edu/.
- The Washburn University Wireless Registration screen should appear. If it does not:
- Determine if you are in a location on campus with wireless availability.
- Make sure the wireless card is properly installed in the wireless device.
- Check the wireless network configuration to make sure it is set up for DHCP.
- Check to make sure the time and date on the wireless device are accurate.
- Delete the browser's temporary Internet files (cache). In Internet Explorer, this is done by selecting Tools, then Internet Options.
- Go to step (3) and try again. If the University Wireless Registration screen does not appear, stop by Bennett 104, call 785.670.3000, or contact email@example.com.
- Enter your Washbrun Office 365 unsername (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Read the information on the screen.
- Indicate your agreement to the stated terms by selecting the "Accept" button.
- When the confirmation screen appears, reboot the system.