Before gaining access to the wireless network, you must:
Using a browser on the wireless device in an area on campus with a wireless access point, try to access netreg.nix.washburn.edu.
The Washburn University Wireless Registration screen should appear. If it does not:
- Possess a wireless device with a wireless interface card and configured for DHCP protocol.
Know your Washburn e-mail address and password.
- Only four wireless devices may be registered per person per semester.
Enter your Washburn Office 365 username (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Read the information on the screen.
Indicate your agreement to the stated terms by selecting the "Accept" button.
When the confirmation screen appears, reboot the system.
- Determine if you are in a location on campus with wireless availability.
- Make sure the wireless card is properly installed in the wireless device.
- Check the wireless network configuration to make sure it is set up for DHCP.
- Check to make sure the time and date on the wireless device are accurate.
- Delete the browser's temporary Internet files (cache). In Internet Explorer, this is done by selecting Tools, then Internet Options.
- Go to step (3) and try again. If the University Wireless Registration screen does not appear, stop by Bennett 104, call 785.670.3000, or contact email@example.com.