Alumni Association membership
As a member of the Washburn Alumni Association, you’ll receive numerous benefits while supporting Washburn University. The cost of membership is as follows:
- Annual membership: $35 per single and $50 per couple
- Annual membership for recent graduates (graduated in 2007 or later): $15 per single and $25 per couple
- Five-year membership for recent graduates (graduated in 2007 or later): $60 per single and $120 per couple
- Student membership (students currently enrolled at Washburn): $10 per single
- Lifetime membership: $500 per single and $650 per couple
- Lifetime installment membership: Four annual installments of $150 per single and four annual installments of $200 per couple
Benefits you receive
- Free admission to After Hours and our tailgates during football season.
- Discounts to a number of our events such as Wake Up with Washburn. You’ll also be the first to know about alumni and university gatherings in your area and get reservation discounts.
- Free alumni decal.
- Buy-one, get-one-free general admission tickets for select Washburn football and basketball regular-season home games. You’ll need to display your membership card at the ticket booth to receive the discount.
- Rental car discounts at Alamo, Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental. You’ll need to provide the company with the discount number included in your membership packet.
- Lodging discounts at Choice brand hotels throughout the United States and Canada. Call the toll-free number included in your membership packet and provide the representative with the S.O.S membership code.
Topeka merchant discounts, including:
- University discounts from the Ichabod Shop and Mulvane Art Museum gift shop.
- A 60-percent discount on your moving expenses for interstate moves nationwide and reduced cost replacement insurance with North American Van Lines.
- Mabee Library borrowing privileges. Your membership card is your access to the library.
Alumni insurance program
The Alumni Association sponsors an alumni insurance program as a service to alumni. The program offers a variety of attractively-priced insurance products, most of which are available to alumni, students, faculty, and staff, as well as their spouses, domestic partners, children, parents, and siblings:
- Auto, Home & Renters Insurance Special rates are available to alumni and family members living in the same household.
- Health Insurance For those with a temporary or permanent need for coverage, such as the unemployed, self-employed, and recent graduates.
- Life Insurance Long-term protection with great rates and fantastic features. Coverage is available to $50 million.
- Long Term Care Insurance Intended to protect assets from serious erosion, while allowing access to quality care in the most appropriate and desirable setting.
- Travel Insurance Travel medical or trip protection insurance options are available for individuals or groups traveling abroad.
- Identity Theft Protection Protect yourself and your family against identity theft with a comprehensive solution you can count on.
- Pet Insurance Simple, customizable dog and cat insurance plans are available.
- Annuities An ideal tax-deferred vehicle for conservative investors who want guaranteed fixed interest rates for extended periods.
- Special Event Liability coverage up to $2 million is available for events lasting from a few hours to as much as 10 days.
- Advisory Services A licensed insurance professional is available, at no charge, to answer questions and provide customized guidance.
For more information, visit meyerandassoc.com/Washburn or contact the program administrator at 1.800.635.7801.
How your membership helps Washburn
- Your support is vital to the success of the Alumni Association and Washburn. Members drive the Association’s ability to reach its mission and goals, sustain existing programs and implement new ideas.
- Your support allows us to organize an array of events and funds our publications, reunion activities and alumni chapter meetings across the country.
- Your alumni dues also have an impact on Washburn’s ranking in several reports, including the U.S. News and World report. Dues are also a qualifier for the amount of funding Washburn receives from the State of Kansas.