Apply for Housing
Contracts for the 2013-2014 academic year are currently available online through your My Washburn account.
Can you apply for Housing?
All students admitted to Washburn who plan to enroll full-time, are eligible to live in the university residence halls.
Cost of Living on Campus
Click here to view the cost sheet for our different facilities: Cost Sheet
Are you a returning resident?
Click here to view the preference schedule for returning residents: Preference Schedule
Contracts for the upcoming 2013 - 2014 academic year are available starting Friday February 15th, 2013.
A completed application to live on campus includes:
- A completed Housing Contract (complete online, instructions below)
- $300 prepayment & deposit (can be completed online, by mailing a check or making a cash payment).
- Meningitis Form
Informational letters regarding housing placement will be mailed on July 1st, 2013.
While there is no deadline to submit a housing contract, students will be assigned to rooms based on a "first come, first served" basis. Students residing in university housing are required to be on a board (meal) plan.
Instructions for filling out on-line contract:
To sign up for Housing at Washburn University you must submit a housing application to Residential Living and pay a $300 deposit. To do this please follow the steps below:
To fill-out contract:
- Log on to your My Washburn account at https://my.washburn.edu
- Click on the Student Life Tab
- Look for the box on the screen that says Residential Living and click the Submit Housing Application link
- Fill out the application, click Submit Application
- If 17 years of age or under, click View Contract, print it out, Sign and date the contract and send to Residential Living.
To pay deposit:
- Return to your My Washburn Account, still on the Students tab looking in the Residential Living box, click on the Pay Housing Deposit link
- On the new screen the click IBOD button
- Click on the Deposits tab
- Use the scroll down menu to select the term you will be paying the deposit for and click Select
- Use the scroll down menu to select Housing/Damage Deposit and click Select
- Click Make Deposit Payment
- Select your payment method and click Continue
- Fill out the information and click Continue
- Look over the information and click Submit Payment
If you must make a change to your Residential Living Contract, please e-mail email@example.com, with those changes before June 1st.
If you'd like to cancel your contract and receive your full $300 deposit, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org before June 1st.
- Break Housing contracts are required for Thanksgiving, Winter and Spring Breaks. Contracts are available at the Residential Living Office, located in the LLC.
- Thanksgiving: November 26 - November 30, 2013
- Winter: December 13, 2013 - January 15, 2014
- Spring: March 14 - March 23, 2014
- Summer Housing is also available for students. Please fill out a contract in the Residential Living Office.