Biology, Chemistry, Computer Information Science & Physics / Astronomy
Home to the departments of biology, chemistry, computer information science and physics/astronomy, Stoffer Science Hall opened in 1960. It was named in 1961 after then university president Bryan Stoffer. In 2007, a $16 million renovation was completed to upgrade all labs, classrooms and equipment. The building's Crane Observatory has a rare Warner & Swasey refracting telescope that was built in the 1890s. Trivia: The original Crane Hall and Observatory was completed in 1903 after the university received a $50,000 donation. The identity of the donor, Zenas Crane, was anonymous until after his death in 1917.