Washburn 150 Forward Strategic Plan
The Washburn Board of Regents approved a major initiative in January 2009 to develop a strategic plan for the university. On April 9, 2010, the Washburn University Strategic Plan was enthusiastically approved by the Board. The Plan represents the hard work and commitment of numerous people across campus and the Topeka community.
The five strategic themes are:
- Provide superior and rigorous liberal arts and professional academic programs offered by distinguished faculty.
- Recruit, retain, and graduate a diverse student body.
- Provide an educational and co-curricular experience to support student success and welfare by encouraging personal interactions among students, faculty, and staff, focusing on academic achievement and student involvement.
- Engage and leverage the University's intellectual and physical resources to benefit and strengthen services to the region.
- Expand, enhance, and diversify the University's financial resources, continue to engage in responsible stewardship of these resources, and commit to an environment of continuous operational and business process improvement.
This Strategic Plan will guide the University in the next decade to ensure success in fulfilling Washburn's mission. The continuing involvement of Washburn students, faculty, staff, and the community will be essential to the Plan's success.