Annual Employee Recognition
Every April, Washburn University and Washburn Institute of Technology celebrate the contributions of faculty and staff with Employee Recognition. The Washburn University ceremony began in 1993. Faculty awards recognize exemplary teaching, scholarship and service with monetary awards made possible by endowed funds. Employees also are recognized for their years of service every five years.
- Ned Fleming Excellence in Teaching Award is presented each year to recognize members of the faculty who have demonstrated a high level of excellence in teaching.
- Herrick Faculty Award for Outstanding Service Award recognizes the contributions of faculty and librarians to the university, to a profession or discipline, or to the public.
- A. Roy Myers Excellence in Research Award is given to recognize the efforts of full-time faculty members who have made outstanding contributions to higher education by their teaching and, primarily, their research efforts.
- Outstanding Service Awards are given annually to the best and the brightest Washburn University and Washburn Institute of Technology employees. These awards are especially rewarding because their peers, those people they work with and who know them the best, nominate the winners. The awards are given for three categories: Service/Maintenance, Secretarial/Clerical, and Administrative, Technical or Paraprofessional. Nominations are accepted during January and February. Contact the Human Resources office for more information.
- Muriel D. Clarke Student Life Award is chosen from the recipients of that specific year’s Student Life Achieving Excellence Award. The Achieving Excellence award is an ongoing award presented to a student advisor, faculty or staff member, or community leader who demonstrates excellence in working with individual students, student groups and organizations and who reflects the guiding principles of the student life area.