New Student Orientation
The college experience at Washburn University begins with New Student Orientation. Attending this event will prepare students with the facts and opportunities to be successful their first year.
During the event students will get to learn expectations of the classroom environment, meet with current students over our free lunch, register for their first semester courses, explore the MyWashburn online portal, attend break-out meetings with activities and organizations, even take their student ID photo! This day will prepare students with Tips & Tricks, expectations, and an overview of the figures and scholarships the university provides.
Should you have any questions, please call the Office of Admissions at 785.670.1030. We look forward to welcoming you to Washburn!
Upcoming Transfer Student Orientation Dates
November 12th, 2013
April 15th, 2014
Sign up for a student account and register here!
Helpful reminders for our future Ichabods:
- Bring your photo identification! You'll need it to get your iCard.
- Bring your game face! This day will be full of lots of information, much of it pretty new to a lot of you. We don't want you to miss anything important!
- If you want to meet your classmates on Twitter, keep up with the #WUNSO13 hashtag. Drop in, say hi, and get to know everyone. We believe that making connections early is one of the best ways to make your college career a great one. Bonus? Your tweet could be featured on the big screens during lunch!
- Do you prefer Facebook? We've got a group for that! It's private, just for you all, so ask your Admissions Counselor about getting access. (But while we're at it, make sure you like the University on Facebook! It makes us super happy!)
- Feel free to take photos! Who doesn't love Instagram? Again, use the hashtag #WUNSO13 and tell us what your favorite part of the day is!
- Check the FAQ page on the Orientation website. If you've got questions, it's likely that others have had 'em, too, so make sure you catch up!
- HAVE FUN! This day is for you, and we want to make sure it's a great one!
- Practice your #BODWALK! Don't be surprised if people with cameras come along and ask you to strike a pose!