News happens every day at Washburn University and the university relations office makes sure the world knows it.
If you have an event or story you would like to share, contact us today. While we know the media cannot cover every event, achievement or story related to our university and campus community, we would love to share your news.
Who we are
What we do
- Distribute news releases about campus events, faculty, staff and student accomplishments and other campus happenings to area media outlets.
- Work with media professionals to coordinate interviews with faculty and staff or act as spokespersons for Washburn University.
- Plan events throughout the year including Strawberry Breakfast, Family Day faculty and staff tailgate and the annual faculty and staff Holiday Party among others.
- Coordinate communications for major Washburn efforts such as Family Day, Homecoming, Constitution Day, Founders Day, the United Way campaign, and Washburn 150, the University’s sesquicentennial celebration, among others.
- Take pictures at university events and activities and maintain a photo archive.
- Manage the Ichabod mascot program.
- Manage the Washburn University licensing program.
- Keep the Washburn website current and fresh with stories about faculty, students and campus events.
- Produce the weekly Bod Talk e-newsletter sent to all students, faculty and staff at Washburn and Washburn Tech, detailing events on campus.
For the Media
Contact our office regarding Washburn University.
Want to be on our mailing list? Let us know.
We are located in Morgan Hall, Room 119. The office typically is staffed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Our fax number is 785.670.1009
Other campus media contacts:
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram