Setting up a payment plan in IBOD
Payment plans are offered for the convenience of students and authorized users who would like to spread out the payment of outstanding student account balances instead of paying in full by the payment deadline.
- A $30.00 set up fee is charged to the student account when a payment plan is set up.
- A $25.00 late fee is charged to the student account for each installment not paid on time.
- Changes to the student account balance after the payment plan is set up will change the amount of remaining installments.
- E-mail notifications are sent to students and authorized users
alerting them to upcoming payments and any changes in the installment
- Automatic payments may be tied to a bank account or credit card for ease of payment.
- Payments received on a student account are applied to the earliest
installments remaining unpaid in the payment plan. If financial aid is
received after the payment plan is set up, the first installment(s) may
be completely paid. It is important not to forget the remaining
Step By Step Instructions
- Log in to IBOD.
- Select the “Enroll in a Payment Plan” tab
- Under “Available Payment Plans” select “View Plan.”
- Read the terms of the plan carefully, noting the charges, and select “Continue.”
- Review the charges to be included in the payment plan.
- Select “Display Payment Schedule.” You now are given a choice:
- If you would like to set up automatic payments select the “Yes”
radio button and “Continue.” A previously saved payment method may be
selected or a new payment method created at this time.
- If you do not wish to set up automatic payments select the “No”
radio button and “Continue.” You will be responsible for remembering to
pay the installments on time.
- Review the payment plan contract. Please note that installment
amounts are subject to change. You may print a copy for your records.
- If you are ready to finalize the plan select “I Agree” and “Continue.” Please note that the payment plan has not been set up until this step is completed.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent verifying that the payment plan
has been set up. If no e-mail is received, please contact the Business
A Couple of Warnings about Automatic Payments
- If a credit card is used as a payment method for automatic payments
be certain it will not expire during the term of the payment plan.
Automatic payments scheduled for an expired credit card will not be
- Automatic payments scheduled for a bank account with insufficient
funds will not be processed and overdraft charges may apply, in addition
to an installment late fee.