Current students may view their academic records through their MyWashburn accounts. Similarly, advisors may access unofficial transcripts of their advisees on the web, and the University Registrar's Office also provides hard copies to other offices (e.g. Financial Aid) on an as-needed basis. Unofficial transcripts are used solely as internal documents and are not issued to graduates of the University or to outside parties or institutions.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 requires that all requests for official transcripts be in writing and be signed and dated by the person to whom the academic record belongs.
To request an official transcript, print and complete the Transcript Request Form, available at this link, and
- mail it to our office (address below) along with payment -- we accept cash, check, money order, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover -- include number, expiration date, and the security code from the back of the card), or
- fax it to (785) 670-1104 and include credit card information for payment, or
- bring it in person to the Student One Stop, Morgan Welcome Center, along with your payment. A photo ID will be required.
- If paying for a transcript in person, please be aware that beginning August 1, 2014 a convenience fee will be charged for processing credit card payments.
The processing fee is $8.00 per copy. Checks and money orders can be made out to Washburn University.
Requests received by mail or fax will be processed within 3 days of receipt. Requests are processed in the order in which they are received. A faxed transcript request is not given priority over a mailed request. If you request a transcript in person in the Student Service Center, your request may be processed immediately. Transcripts for students who attended before Fall 2004 and have not previously requested a transcript will be available 24 hours after the request is made.
Note: University policy prohibits issuing transcripts to any student with any financial or other unmet obligations to the University.
If you cannot access the Transcript Request Form, you may write out your request. Please include the following information, printed clearly (where applicable):
- Full name as it appears on your record, as well as any other name(s) used while enrolled at the University.
- Social Security Number or Washburn Identification Number
- Dates of attendance
- Address to which the transcript is to be mailed or fax number to which the transcript is to be faxed. (Please note that some universities and organizations/agencies will not accept a faxed transcript as official; check with them about their policy before making your request.)
- Your return address and telephone number in the event we need to contact you
- Your signature and the date
Mail requests to:
University Registrar's Office
1700 SW College Avenue
Topeka, KS 66621
Phone: (785) 670-1074
Fax: (785) 670-1104
We do not send anything via Federal Express, so please do not include Federal Express labels when requesting a transcript. If you would like to have a transcript sent faster than First Class mail, you will need to pay for and provide us with a USPS Priority Mail or Express Mail envelope. Please do not fill out the "send to" field on the label of this envelope.