Alumni Association scholarships
Established in 1944, the Alumni Association scholarship fund has generated revenue for thousands of Washburn students.
For the 2014-15 academic year, 67 students will receive more than $30,000 in scholarships (scroll down to see the recipients). Special consideration is given to children of alumni, returning alumni and students who are members of the Washburn Alumni Association.
Applicants must be Washburn alumni or a legacy student. Recipients must use the scholarships at Washburn Universty or Washburn Institute of Technology. If the applicant is a current Washburn student, he/she must be a dues paid student member of the Alumni Association, which is $10 per year.
Note: Filing for assistance through Washburn’s Financial Aid Office does not constitute your application for an Alumni Association scholarship. You must file a separate online application through the Alumni Association.
- Applicants must be Washburn alumni or Washburn legacies. What is a legacy? An applicant is a legacy if he/she has a parent(s), sibling(s) or spouse who is either a graduate of or is attending Washburn University or Washburn Institute of Technology (Washburn Tech).
- If applicant is a Washburn graduate and is enrolled or is enrolling for graduate classes at Washburn, he/she must be a current dues paid member of the Alumni Association.
- If applicant is a legacy student, his/her alumni parent(s), sibling(s) or spouse must be a current dues paid member of the Alumni Association.
- If applicant is a current Washburn University student, he/she must be a current dues paid student member of the Alumni Association. Student membership rate is $10 per year. Washburn Tech students are not required to be student members of the Alumni Association.
- College applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours at Washburn University and have a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.5.
- High school applicants must plan on enrolling at Washburn University or Washburn Tech for the fall 2014 semester and have a minimum high school GPA of 2.75.
- Applicants must complete and submit the alumni scholarship online application by Feb. 15.
- In addition to the online application, you must provide the following to the Alumni Association:
- A biographical statement that includes your educational background, financial need, a statement of goals and objectives for obtaining a college degree or technical certification and other pertinent information (250 or fewer words). Email documents to email@example.com.
- A copy of your transcript from one of the following: Washburn University, Washburn Tech, the college or university from which you are transferring or the high school from which you will graduate if you are a freshman about to enter Washburn. If you have completed a semester or more at Washburn, you can use my.washburn.edu to get a copy of your Washburn transcript.
- Randy Bailey, Topeka
- Shannon Baker, El Dorado, Kansas
- Austin Barnes, Topeka
- Brooke Besler, Topeka
- Christopher Bird, Topeka
- Audrey Bolt, Chanute, Kansas
- Evan Bolt, Topeka
- Russell Budden, Topeka
- Leah Coons, Lawrence, Kansas
- Bridget Cornwell, Topeka
- Erika Crider, Stilwell, Kansas
- Jessica Crider, Topeka
- Connor Crimmins, Topeka
- Brit Dewey, Topeka
- Shelby Dodds, Berryton, Kansas
- Jordan Edwards, Topeka
- Ashley Enneking, Whitehouse, Texas
- Sara Escandon, Topeka
- Jenna Frick, Topeka
- Ashley Gerety, Effingham, Kansas
- Gentry Gideon, Paxico, Kansas
- Jake Gregg, Topeka
- Victoria Haas, Overland Park, Kansas
- Lindsey Hammes, Hoyt, Kansas
- Morgan Hammes, Topeka
- Krystal Harry, Topeka
- Ryan Haverkamp, Topeka
- Bobbi Haynges, Topeka
- Alex Head, Topeka
- Briana Heinen, Topeka
- Austin Higgins, Topeka
- Robert Horton III, Topeka
- Ian Kalas, Silver Lake, Kansas
- Anne Kisner, Lawrence, Kansas
- Stephanie Koch, Topeka
- Carly Kolling, Marquette, Kansas
- Matthew Langworthy, Topeka
- KaZoua Lo, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- Randall Luedke, Topeka
- Tyler Martinak, Topeka
- Amy McLaren, Topeka
- Kristen McLaren, Topeka
- Kylie Miller, Topeka
- Drew Needham, Sanger, Texas
- Michaela Olberding, Topeka
- Andrew Perkuhn, Topeka
- Drew Porter, Holton
- Derek Porting, Axtell, Kansas
- Todd Rilinger, Topeka
- Sarah Robert, Osage City, Kansas
- Megan Roth, Topeka
- Joshua Saathoff, Topeka
- Sydney Schmidtlein, Topeka
- Patrick Schmidtlein, Topeka
- Kelsey Schweer, Topeka
- Samantha Silver, Topeka
- Brady Skeens, Lenexa, Kansas
- Connor Smith, Topeka
- Savannah Smith, Mayetta, Kansas
- Danielle Steffey, Topeka
- Andrew Steverson, Topeka
- Jenna Thompson, Topeka
- Michael Tilton, Topeka
- Sierra Valdivia, Topeka
- Baylee Wells, Topeka
- Johnathan Works, Topeka
More about scholarships
- Scholarships will be disbursed in two payments: one in fall 2015 and one in spring 2016. A portion of the scholarship may be used for summer 2016.
- Undergraduate students, graduate students, international students, part-time and full-time students and first-year School of Law students who meet the criteria may apply.
- License plates: Purchase a Washburn Ichabod license plate. The proceeds help fund our scholarship program.
Giving back to Washburn
- LinC: Learning in the Community is one of the signature service organizations at Washburn. LinC works with organizations and agencies throughout the community and state and is quick to lend support in times of need such as the Harveyville, Reading and Joplin tornadoes.