Setting up a payment plan in IBOD
Payment plans are offered for the convenience of students and authorized users who want to spread out the payment of charges for a term instead of paying in full by the payment deadline.
- A $30.00 set up fee is charged to the student account when a payment plan is set up ($20 for summer sessions).
- A $25.00 late fee is charged to the student account for each installment not paid on time.
- Changes to the student account balance after the payment plan is set up will change the amount of remaining installments.
- Email notifications are sent to students and authorized users alerting them to upcoming payments and any changes in the installment amounts due.
- Automatic payments may be set up to draft from a bank account or credit card for ease of payment.
- Cash, check, or credit card payments made on a student account are applied to the earliest unpaid installment(s) in the payment plan.
- If financial aid is received after the payment plan is set up, the remaining installments will be recalculated to reflect the reduced balance due.
Step By Step Instructions
- Log in to MyWashburn and go to the "Financial Services" tab
- Click on the IBOD button (first on right side, then on left side)
- In IBOD, select the "Payment Plans" tab
- Select “Enroll Now” under Available Payment Plans
- Select the term from the drop down list
- Read over the payment plan and click “Continue.”
- Review the information on the "Schedule Payment Plan" tab
- Click on "Display Payment Schedule" to review payments and set up automatic payments, if desired
- Click "Yes" if you want to make automatic payments each month (then follow the procedures to set up a payment method)
- Click "No" if you want to make payments in person or by mail
- Click "Continue"
- Read the agreement
- Check the "I agree" box and click on "Continue" when you are ready to finalize the plan. The payment plan will not be set up until this step is completed.
- Click "Print Agreement" for a copy of your plan.
A Couple of Warnings about Automatic Payments
- If a credit card is used as a payment method for automatic payments, make sure it will not expire during the term of the payment plan. Automatic payments scheduled for an expired credit card will not be processed, which may result in late fees and/or holds on the student account.
- Automatic payments scheduled for a bank account with insufficient funds will not be processed and overdraft charges may apply, in addition to an installment late fee and/or hold on the student account.