Develop Skills….. Expression…. Creativity…. through our art and art history degree programs. Washburn is dedicated to quality teaching. The Art Department Faculty, all with terminal degrees in their specialty areas, are engaged with students in and out of the classroom. Student education is enriched through unique opportunities, including:
- Generous scholarships
- Travel assistance
- Exhibition opportunities
- Career-oriented internships
- Regional art museum on campus
The Washburn University Art Department is accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design since 1994. Accreditation signifies that we meet national standards with regard to:
Why study Art at Washburn?
- Emphasis on strong foundation in all media and Art History
- Personal attention from talented faculty with highest professional qualifications in all media areas
- Small class sizes. Typical studio classes are limited to 20 or fewer students and Art History classes are limited to 25 students.
- Specialized studios with tools, equipment and facilities to support beginning through advanced work in all disciplines
- Strong research support and visual arts resources available through Mabee Library and the Mulvane Art Museum
- Number of art majors: Approximately 130
- Number of faculty/adjuncts: 9 full time, 12 – 15 adjuncts
- Amount of money given in scholarships: 2014-2015 over $100,000 to 27 students